How to Register for Open University
- Locate the course(s) you want to take via class search: https://www.csub.edu/classsearch
- Be sure to select the "Spring 2021" term when searching
- Obtain instructor approval via email
- Fill out Open University Registration Form (main campus add slips will not be accepted)
- Email completed form and instructor approval beginning January 11, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay fees at the time of registration. Late fee of $25 is assessed if registration is not completed by date designated on Open University Academic Calendar. Refer to Open University Academic Calendar for deadlines. Open University courses are not eligible for financial aid.
In case of refund, the Extended Education refund schedule will apply, which can be found on the Open University Academic Calendar.
Enrollment General Policy and Limitations
- A maximum of 24 semester units may be applied towards a Bachelor’s Degree. A maximum of 9 semester units may be applied towards a Master’s Degree.
- Full tuition must be paid upon registration. Open University courses are not eligible for financial aid.
- Registration will be processed when all completed forms and approvals are received.
- Open University enrollees must meet individual course prerequisites.
- Course will be entered on the student’s permanent record as an Open University course.
- Extended Education and Global Outreach enrollments will generally not be certified for immigration purposes (I20). At least 12 units must be taken in residence as an undergraduate or 10 units as a graduate student. An authorization letter from Admissions and Records is required for matriculated foreign students.
- To take 6000-level courses in the School of Business and Public Administration, all students must be matriculated (admitted to the graduate program in the School of Business and Public Administration).