At A Glance
Credits276 hours of instruction
Average Completion Time3 months
Admission CyclesRolling Continuous
Train with CSU Bakersfield Extended Education to prepare for a successful career as a Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR expertise. Average salaries are $34,000 per year, and there are over 64,000 new jobs* expected nationwide by 2024 for medical administrative assistants. Start training today to take advantage of these opportunities!
Our Program Offers:
- Hands-on experience – The course includes hands-on training with ezEMRx software, an industry-standard, government-certified EHR software platform to ensure you have the experience employers need.
- National certification preparation – Finish ready to earn the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) and Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist (CEHRS) credentials—you'll even receive 2 exam vouchers to earn these credentials upon completion (a $210 value)!
- One-on-one support – Train with the confidence of knowing that experienced trainers are available by phone, email, or chat all along the way.
To apply to the Medical Administrative Assistant with Electronic Health Records 2020 Program at CSU Bakersfield, in partnership with CareerStep, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the CSUB/CareerStep website
- Click the ENROLL ONLINE button
- Continue to CHECKOUT
- Fill in required fields
- Complete payment information or make payment arrangements
Need help enrolling? Call (888) 657-5752
Be at least 18 years of age
Meet one of the following requirements:
High school diploma
General Education Development (GED) Certificate
Pass the Career Step Pre-Enrollment Assessment Test
The Medical Administrative Assistant with Electronic Health Records 2020 Program costs $3,199.
We understand that one of the biggest concerns tied to furthering your education is how to pay for it. To help, CSU Bakersfield and Career Step offer low tuition prices that provide big payoffs. We've also designed multiple tuition payment plans, allowing you to choose the funding option that best fits your needs.
We currently offer:
- A discount when you choose to pay your tuition in a single payment
- An interest-free, 3-month payment plan
- A low interest, 12-month payment plan
For more information on tuition and funding options, please contact us at (877) 225-7151.
Note: Program is not eligible for FAFSA-based financial aid.
The Medical Administrative Assistant with Electronic Health Records 2020 program includes the following topics / modules:
- Program Modules and
- Approximate Completion Hours
- Module Hours
- Getting Started & Program Overview 1
- Microsoft Office Training Orientation 1
- Word 2016: Beginner 10
- Excel 2016: Beginner 12
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Career & Certification 3
- Computer Fundamentals 7
- Healthcare Structure & Organization 25
- Grammar and Punctuation 10
- Medical Law and Ethics 5
- Healthcare Documentation 10
- Exploring Healthcare Reimbursement 25
- Medical Word Building 15
- Basic Anatomy 20
- Mastering Medical Language 23
- Medical Office Procedures 20
- Medical Office Management 12
- Practice Finances 10
- Electronic Health Records
- Career and Certification 1
- Health Insurance Portability
- and Accountability Act 5
- Medical Records Management 60
- Final Exam Preparation 1
- TOTAL 276
The Medical Administrative Assistant with Electronic Health Records 2020 Program is completely online and provided by our partner, CareerStep. Once you are registered with CareerStep, your password and access information will be emailed to you. Through the CareerStep portal you will have access to:
- Homework assignments
- Quizzes / tests
- Technical support
- Discussion boards
- One-on-one help from instructors
- Additional resources