When you train with CSU Bakersfield Extended Education, you can be prepared for a successful career as an EKG technician in less than one year. The healthcare industry is growing rapidly, and the U.S. Department of Labor estimates that employment for cardiology technicians, which includes EKG technicians, will grow by 23% by 2026.*
The EKG technician career path offers several benefits:
- Helping people — You can work in a field that focuses on helping people and making a difference with their health every day.
- Competitive salaries and benefits — EKG technicians enjoy competitive salaries as well as the potential for traditional employment benefits.
- High-demand skill — If you’re already working in the healthcare industry, adding EKG technician certification is a great skill to add to your arsenal.
To apply to the EKG Technician program at CSU Bakersfield, in partnership with CareerStep, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the CSUB/CareerStep website
- Click the ENROLL ONLINE button
- Continue to CHECKOUT
- Fill in required fields
- Complete payment information or make payment arrangements
Need help enrolling? Call (888) 657-5752
Be at least 18 years of age
Meet one of the following requirements:
High school diploma
General Education Development (GED) Certificate
Pass the Career Step Pre-Enrollment Assessment Test
The EKG Technician Program costs $2,799.
We understand that one of the biggest concerns tied to furthering your education is how to pay for it. To help, CSU Bakersfield and Career Step offer low tuition prices that provide big payoffs. We've also designed multiple tuition payment plans, allowing you to choose the funding option that best fits your needs.
We currently offer:
- A discount when you choose to pay your tuition in a single payment
- An interest-free, 3-month payment plan
- A low interest, 12-month payment plan
For more information on tuition and funding options, please contact us at (877) 225-7151.
Note: Program is not eligible for FAFSA-based financial aid.
Program Modules and Approximate Completion Hours:
- Welcome to EKG Technician 1
- Healthcare & Cardiovascular Foundations 15
- EKG Testing 14
- EKG Technician Final Exam Preparation 1
The EKG Technician program is completely online and provided by our partner, CareerStep. Once you are registered with CareerStep, your password and access information will be emailed to you. Through the CareerStep portal you will have access to:
- Homework assignments
- Quizzes / tests
- Technical support
- Discussion boards
- One-on-one help from instructors
- Additional resources