Program Requirements & Outline
Eligibility to apply to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) for the Reading and Literacy Added Authorization requires verification of the following:
- Successful completion of the Reading and Literacy Added Authorization coursework
- Basic Skills Requirement (CBEST)
- Verification of Experience
- Students must have three years of teaching experience before applying to CTC for the Added Authorization, but years of experience are not required to begin taking the courses.
- Valid California Teaching Credential
Students enrolled in the M.A. in Education - Curriculum and Instruction degree program can use the Reading and Literacy Added Authorization courses to fulfill elective requirements.