Learn Bookkeeping with QuickBooks Online
Technology is highly relevant to the bookkeeper's role. Mastering QuickBooks Online is the key to matching bookkeeping skills with expanding requirements for analysis, visual data presentation and reporting that provides value-added to the traditional bookkeeper's duties. This 100% online course will teach you how to use QuickBooks Online for basic accounting, recording income and expenses, and entering checks and bank transfers. Once you complete this course, you will also be prepared for the QuickBooks Certified User Exam.
What you will learn:
- Prepare to successfully pass the Intuit QuickBooks Certified User (QBCU) exam
- Understand fundamental accounting concepts and how QuickBooks works to support these concepts.
- Learn how to set up a company file in QuickBooks Online and perform analysis of accounts, financial documents, and reports.
- Apply basic accounting principles (accrual method, depreciation, and so on) to bookkeeping practices.
To enroll to the Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks Online program at CSU Bakersfield, in partnership with Ed2Go, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the CSUB/Ed2go website
- Click the ENROLL ONLINE button
- Continue to CHECKOUT
- Fill in required fields
- Complete payment information or make payment arrangements
Need help enrolling? Call (855) 520-6806
Be at least 18 years of age
Meet one of the following requirements:
High school diploma
General Education Development (GED) Certificate
The Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks Online Program costs $2,334.
We understand that one of the biggest concerns tied to furthering your education is how to pay for it. To help, CSU Bakersfield and Ed2Go offer low tuition prices that provide big payoffs. We've also designed multiple tuition payment plans, allowing you to choose the funding option that best fits your needs.
We currently offer:
- A discount when you choose to pay your tuition in a single payment
- An interest-free, 3-month payment plan
- A low interest, 12-month payment plan
For more information on tuition and funding options, please contact us at (855) 520-6806.
Note: Program is not eligible for FAFSA-based financial aid.
- Introduction to Bookkeeping
- Accounting Basics
- Getting Started with QuickBooks Online
- The Chart of Accounts
- Centers and Lists
- Bank Accounts
- Recording Expenses and Paying Bills
- Credit Cards and Loans
- Sales Receipts
- Invoices, Estimates, and Customizing Sales Forms
- Billable Expenses and Customer Credits
- Sales Taxes and Reports
- Product and Service Items
- Managing Inventory
- Managing Projects and Sales
- Progress Invoicing, Late Fees, and Bad Debts
- Fixed Assets and Loans
- Business Entities and Owner Transactions
- Banking Rules, Receipts, and Budgets
- Adjusting and Reviewing the Books
- Starting a Bookkeeping Business
- Your Career Roadmap: The Job Search and Future Opportunities (optional)
- Communication and Organization (optional)
The Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks Online program is completely online and provided by our partner, Ed2go. Once you are registered with Ed2go, your password and access information will be emailed to you. Through the CareerStep portal you will have access to:
- Homework assignments
- Quizzes / tests
- Technical support
- Discussion boards
- One-on-one help from instructors
- Additional resources
Frequently Asked Questions
Bookkeepers serve on the front lines of a person, company or organization's financial health. Strong bookkeepers set up, deploy and manage systems that record the flow of funds into and out of an entity's coffers. Using reporting tools and systems, bookkeepers help individuals and operational managers stay aware of and improve an entity's financial status and performance.
QuickBooks® has replaced the manual entry functions of traditional bookkeeping. However, the organization, reporting and use of financial data still rely heavily on human input and processing. Knowing how to automate your bookkeeping practice with QuickBooks is an important aspect to staying competitive in today’s job market.
Yes, if you're an expert in the latest version of QuickBooks, you can walk into any small business and immediately organize their finances. QuickBooks is the top-rated accounting software for small businesses, you likely know a company that already uses it.