Spring 2021 Open University Academic Calendar
Updated October 30, 2020
January 25: First day of Classes
February 1: Begin LATE FEE of $25 for Open University forms
February 5: Last day to submit Open University registration forms with late fee. Any forms submitted after this date must be accompanied by a letter from the instructor stating that you have been attending class.
February 12: Last day to pay fees or make payment arrangements. Students may be dropped for non-payment.
February 12: Last day for partial refund (60%)
February 19: Census date. Last day to withdraw from classes without a “W” being recorded; withdrawal from classes after this date and continuing through the next four-week period will be permitted only for serious and compelling reasons and will require written approval by the Dean or Department Chair
February 19: Last day to change between audit and letter grading and credit/no credit
March 29 – April 4: Spring Break (no classes)
March 31: Holiday – Cesar Chavez Day (Campus closed)
April 16: Last day to withdraw from classes for serious and compelling reason (requires Dean or Department chair approval)
May 14: Last Day of Classes
May 17–22: Examination Period
May 25–26: Grades Due
May 31: Holiday – Memorial Day (Campus closed)
Refund Policy for 16-Week Term
- Drop PRIOR to the first day of the Semester – 100% refund
- Drop on or before January 29 – 100% refund
- Drop January 30 through February 12 – 60% refund
- February 12 is the LAST day for partial refund (60%)
- NO REFUNDS on or after February 13.
Refund Policy for Class with Five or Fewer Meetings (or Online Course)
- Withdraw prior to the second meeting (or by the 4th day on an online course) full refund less $25 administrative fee.
- Withdraw after the second scheduled class meeting (or after the 4th day of an online course) and prior to a date at which 25% of the course has elapsed – 60% of course fees refunded. No refund after 25% of the course has elapsed.
Refund Policy for Class with Four or Fewer Meetings
- Full refund less $25 administrative fee prior to the first meeting.
- Withdraw after the first meeting and prior to the second meeting - 60% of course fees refunded for the classes with 3 or 4 sessions; no refund for classes with 1 or 2 sessions.
COURSE CANCELLATION FOR ANY REASON
- A full refund of fees will be made