The Online M.S. in Kinesiology admissions committee takes a holistic approach to admission decisions. Acceptance into the program is based on the candidate’s potential for academic and professional success, as determined by the committee.
Online M.S. in Kinesiology Admission General Requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology or meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Must take or have taken three undergraduate courses from the areas of biomechanics, exercise physiology, motor control/learning, applied kinesiology, or functional anatomy and one course from the areas of sport psychology or exercise psychology. Courses must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Completion of prerequisite coursework
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 units of coursework*
College/University-level course with a grade of C or better in the following three content areas:
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Introductory Statistics
Upon approval of the academic coordinator, and in consultation with the admissions committee, students not meeting all program entrance requirements may be admitted to the program with conditionally classified standing. In these cases, the Academic Coordinator will develop criteria on an individual basis that must be met for advancement to classified standing.
Every Situation is Unique
If you have questions about these admissions requirements, or general questions about the program, please contact us today, and we'll be happy to assist you with the application process.
*Last 90 quarter or 60 semester units.