At A Glance
Average Completion Time1 Year
Estimated Program Cost$2,550
Admission CyclesFall and Spring Semesters
Next Application DeadlineFall II 2020: October 2, 2020
You have the power to make a safe workplace a thriving workplace.
This program is great for those who’d like to play a crucial role in the everyday success of an organization. Our Occupational Safety and Risk Management Certificate Program is designed to further develop your knowledge and understanding of health, safety, and environmental management, while stressing its importance in the workplace.
The program focuses on the following key topics:
- Fundamental skills necessary to promote safety and risk management within the workplace
- How to develop and conduct effective safety meetings
- Administration of regulatory and compliance management
- Behavioral theories and the human factor in safety
- Creating and improving employer safety programs
- Sharpening communication, writing, and research skills
This four-course certificate program familiarizes students with occupational safety, health, and environmental risk management and highlights the importance of organizational leadership competencies in these areas. The program also illustrates the importance of the human factor by highlighting the key role people have in safety and health risk management.