Program Requirements & Outline
In order to successfully complete the CSUB-AV Master of Social Work program and graduate, students must:
- Complete 60 hours of course work according to an approved degree plan.
- Complete 960 hours of field experience (480 hours for advanced-standing students) and associated seminars.
- Complete a culminating experience.
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or better, and a grade of "C" or better in all courses taken to satisfy the requirements for the degree as specified in each student's Plan of Study.
- Complete all coursework leading to the MSW degree within 7 years from first enrollment.
- Successfully complete of the Graduate Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR)
CSUB-AV MSW Coursework:
Foundation Courses (all required)
SW 6000: Professional Social Work Identity (3)
SW 6100: Foundation Policy in Social Work (3)
SW 6200: Foundation Human Behavior and the Social Environment (3)
SW 6300: Foundation Social Work Research (3)
SW 6400: Generalist Social Work Practice (3)
SW 6410: Diagnostic Process in Social Work (3)
SW 6420: Foundation Micro Social Work Practice (3)
SW 6430: Foundation Mezzo Social Work Practice (3)
SW 6440: Foundation Macro Social Work Practice (3)
Advanced Courses (all required)
SW 6160: Advanced Policy in Social Work (3)
SW 6260: Advanced Human Behavior and the Social Environment (3)
SW 6360: Advanced Research in Social Work (3)
SW 6460: Advanced Social Work Practice I (3)
SW 6470: Advanced Social Work Project (3)
Field Experience (960 hours)
SW 6500: Foundation Social Work Field Practicum (3)
SW 6560: Advanced Field Practicum I (3)
SW 6570: Advanced Field Practicum II (3)
Electives (2 courses / 6 units)
Culminating Experience (required)
SW 6590 Culminating Experience