The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Certificate program at CSU Bakersfield consists of three courses of instruction spread across the fall and spring semesters each academic year.
Typical costs are as follows:
- Instruction = $2,775 (3 courses at $925 per course)
Approximate total cost of program: $2,775*
*Total program cost does not include a personal computer (if necessary) or any additional miscellaneous costs.
Included with tuition:
- ArcGIS desktop one-year student license
- ArcGIS online account access
- On-campus computer lab access after January 4, 2021, while enrolled in the program
- Additional learning materials including PDFs, website links, and access to ESRI's resource sites
Completing this program requires the use of a personal computer and a reliable internet connection. While not required, it is highly recommended that students obtain a personal computer that meets the requirements necessary to operate the ArcGIS Desktop software suite. Please review those computer system requirements before purchasing a new personal computer. The Windows operating system is required to use ArcGIS Desktop software. To find the latest requirements necessary to operate ArcGIS Desktop software, please visit: https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/system-requirements/latest/arcgis-desktop-system-requirements.htm
There are two payment options for your convenience:
- Pay the full course fee amount at the time of registration.
- Sign up for the Tuition Deferment Payment Plan, which allows you to spread the cost of your classes over a longer period of time.
Note: Program is not eligible for FAFSA-based financial aid.