The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Certificate program at CSU Bakersfield consists of six, six-week courses of instruction spread across the fall and spring semesters each academic year.
Program costs are as follows:
- Instruction = $3,000 (6 courses at $500 per course)
Approximate total cost of program: $3,000*
*Total program cost does not include a personal computer, optional textbooks, or any additional miscellaneous costs.
Included with tuition:
- ArcGIS desktop one-year student license (includes access to ArcGIS Pro)
- ArcGIS online account access (while enrolled in the program)
- Virtual Computer Lab (VCL) access (while enrolled in the program)
- Additional learning materials including PDFs, website links, and access to ESRI's resource websites
- CSUB Box online file storage
- CSUB email account with access to Microsoft Office 365
Completing this program requires the use of a personal computer and a reliable internet connection. While not required, it is highly recommended that students obtain a personal computer that meets the requirements necessary to operate the ArcGIS Desktop software suite. Please review those computer system requirements before purchasing a new personal computer. The Windows operating system is required to use ArcGIS Desktop software. To find the latest requirements necessary to operate ArcGIS Desktop software, please visit: https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/system-requirements/latest/arcgis-desktop-system-requirements.htm
There are two payment options for your convenience:
- Pay the full course fee amount at the time of registration.
- Sign up for the Tuition Deferment Payment Plan, which allows you to spread the cost of your classes over a longer period of time.
Note: Program is not eligible for FAFSA-based financial aid.