Start Your Career as a Web Developer in 24 Weeks
Web development has become one of the most popular careers in recent years. U.S. News & World Report named it the No. 8 best technology job and the No. 20 best STEM job. New application development used to involve two kinds of specialists—one for the front end and the other for the back end. Today, however, the lines are blurred between the two. Web developers who have the expertise to work with both the front and back end of a website or app are increasingly in demand. According to Indeed, the mean yearly salary for a full stack web developer is $106,167, with professionals with less than a year of experience making an average of $86,606.
What You’ll Learn
- The different programming concepts for web development
- How to execute fundamental languages and tools such as HTML and CSS for web development
- How to get a command on version control system, i.e., Git/Github
- The use of full functions of Bootstrap to improve website aesthetics
- The integration of database programming into the website using MySQL and NodeJS
To enroll in the Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp at CSU Bakersfield, in partnership with Ed2Go, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the CSUB/Ed2go website
- Click the ENROLL ONLINE button
- Continue to CHECKOUT
- Fill in required fields
- Complete payment information or make payment arrangements
Need help enrolling? Call (855) 520-6806
- Six months of interactive, self-paced training that requires 15 to 25 hours a week to complete the curriculum
- Get five 1-hour online coaching sessions with your instructor
- Complete multiple course projects and a final capstone to help you prepare a professional level portfolio to show prospective employers
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Meet one of the following requirements:
- High school diploma.
- General Education Development (GED) Certificate.
- This course must be taken on a Windows machine (desktop/laptop).
- Macs are not compatible. Macs with the M1 chip are not supported.
Software Requirements (must be installed and fully operational before course begins):
- PC: Windows 8 or later. We recommend Windows 10 to avoid compatibility issues.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Access to a personal email account
The Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp costs $4,450.
We understand that one of the biggest concerns tied to furthering your education is how to pay for it. To help, CSU Bakersfield and Ed2Go offer low tuition prices that provide big payoffs. We've also designed multiple tuition payment plans, allowing you to choose the funding option that best fits your needs. We currently offer:
- A discount when you choose to pay your tuition in a single payment
- An interest-free, 3-month payment plan
- A low interest, 12-month payment plan
For more information on tuition and funding options, please contact us at (855) 520-6806.
Note: Program is not eligible for FAFSA-based financial aid.
- Full-Stack Web Development Orientation
- Starting with Git & Github
- Responsive Web Styling with Flexbox and Grid
- Designing, Wireframing and Mobile UX/UI
- Project 1: Basic Business or Personal Website
- Introduction Bootstrap 4
- Fundamentals of Ajax, jQuery and JSON
- Project 2: Website with search engine
- Starting with React.js
- React Router & Redux
- Project 3: Web App for Task Management
- Introduction to Python
- Python Web Programming
- Python Django
- Fundamentals of MySQL
- Project 4: Python Django
- Node.js – Prototypes, REST APIs
- Final Capstone Project
The full stack web development bootcamp is completely online and provided by our partner, Ed2go. Once you are registered with Ed2go, your password and access information will be emailed to you. Through the Ed2Go portal you will have access to:
- Homework assignments
- Quizzes / tests
- Technical support
- Discussion boards
- One-on-one help from instructors
- Additional resources
Frequently Asked Questions
A full stack developer is an engineer that works on front end (the visual look and feel) and back end (the logic and infrastructure) of a website. The developer should have knowledge of front end and back end programming/scripting languages.
The Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp is designed for everyone passionate about handling a full website development project. We recommend that our students have some programming knowledge; however, it is not compulsory.
You can access the course instructor by email to discuss any queries and to seek feedback on your progress. You may also receive support from a team of industry experts. A student advisor may also be assigned for educational support.
Once you successfully pass the capstone project, you will receive a certificate of completion.