Become a Cybersecurity Professional
Across nearly every industry, cybersecurity skills are in demand to ensure the secure handling of data online and protect it from attacks, amongst other essential duties. This online Cybersecurity Bootcamp is designed to empower the next generation of cybersecurity professionals to tackle advanced and critical threats. No previous experience is needed—just your dedication and eagerness to learn. By the end of your Bootcamp, you will gain the fundamental skills and knowledge needed to succeed in IT security and earn today’s most sought-after certifications.
What You’ll Learn
- You will be prepared to pass one of the following certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, CySa+, Pentest+, or EC-Council CEH
- Key concepts of popular communication protocols, the configuration of routers/switches, and TCP/IP implementation
- Fundamentals of data security and auditing
- How to identify, evaluate, and mitigate security risk
- How malicious hackers attack systems and tactics to thwart online attacks
- How disparate components connect to form complex networks
- The role played by cybersecurity analysts and the skills required
To apply to the Cybersecurity Bootcamp at CSU Bakersfield, in partnership with Ed2Go, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the CSUB/Ed2go website
- Click the ENROLL ONLINE button
- Continue to CHECKOUT
- Fill in required fields
- Complete payment information or make payment arrangements
Need help enrolling? Call (855) 520-6806
- Six months of interactive, self-paced training that requires 15 to 25 hours a week to complete the curriculum
- Get five 1-hour online coaching sessions with your instructor
- Complete multiple course projects and a final capstone to help you prepare a professional level portfolio to show prospective employers
- Hardware and Operating System Fundamentals
- Networking Fundamentals
- Security Fundamentals
- Security Bootcamp – Project A
- Python Programming – Introduction
- Security Bootcamp – Project B
- Ethical Hacking (CEH)
- Security Bootcamp – Project C
- Choose a module
- Option A: CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst
- Option B: CompTIA PenTest
- Capstone Project
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Meet one of the following requirements:
- High school diploma.
- General Education Development (GED) Certificate.
- This course must be taken on a Windows machine (desktop/laptop).
- Macs are not compatible. Macs with the M1 chip are not supported.
Software Requirements (must be installed and fully operational before course begins):
- PC: Windows 8 or later. We recommend Windows 10 to avoid compatibility issues.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Access to a personal email account
The Cybersecurity Bootcamp costs $4,450.
We understand that one of the biggest concerns tied to furthering your education is how to pay for it. To help, CSU Bakersfield and Ed2Go offer low tuition prices that provide big payoffs. We've also designed multiple tuition payment plans, allowing you to choose the funding option that best fits your needs. We currently offer:
- A discount when you choose to pay your tuition in a single payment
- An interest-free, 3-month payment plan
- A low interest, 12-month payment plan
For more information on tuition and funding options, please contact us at (855) 520-6806.
Note: Program is not eligible for FAFSA-based financial aid.
The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is completely online and provided by our partner, Ed2Go. Once you are registered with Ed2Go, your password and access information will be emailed to you. Through the Ed2Go portal you will have access to:
- Homework assignments
- Quizzes / tests
- Technical support
- Discussion boards
- One-on-one help from instructors
- Additional resources
Frequently Asked Questions
Cybersecurity is the practice of of protecting sensitive information on an electronic device or system from digital attacks.
It is self-paced learning. Your instructor will give you lessons in your scheduled sessions, after which you will be required to go through the material on your own.
You will have about five coaching sessions that the instructor might schedule for you. In these sessions, you can seek help from your coach for a topic you want assistance in.
The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is not just about learning theory. We have designed practical exercises to teach students the concepts of different fundamentals. You will be required to perform those exercises in the class, and the results will be shared with you right away. This course will enable you to learn via exposure to a virtual lab environment, which will help you gain hands-on skills and a deeper understanding of the practical aspects of the course.
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA CySA+
- Certified Ethical Hacking
- CompTIA Pentest+
The students will be required to complete multiple projects based on topics they have been studying. Each project will be discussed during the mentoring sessions.
If you are unable to complete the course, contact your student advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee will be charged. If you are funded through a third-party organization, approval may also be required.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions you may have and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, a team of industry experts may support your course. You will also be assigned a student advisor for academic support.