Contact Tracing and Infection Control
Contact tracing could be what frees the world from the grasp of COVID-19. It’s a popular method of containment that’s already helped flatten the curve. But for this to work long-term, we need more qualified healthcare professionals with the proper training—training that isn’t easy to find.
The Contact Tracing and Infection Control course covers all CDC-recommended training elements required to successfully identify patients who have come in close contact with a particular virus or contagion. We’ll discuss important breach avoidance strategies and outline the main steps involved in the contact tracing process.
What You'll Learn:
- HIPAA Basics - You’ll learn all the basics of HIPAA and how Protected Health Information relates to your work as a contact tracer
- Contact Tracing Protocols - This is a relatively new development in healthcare, so you’ll get a complete overview of how contact tracing works and what is expected in the role.
- COVID-19 Guidelines - We’ll walk you through all CMS guidelines for infection prevention as they relate to COVID-19.
To apply to the Contact Tracing and Infection Control program at CSU Bakersfield, in partnership with CareerStep, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the CSUB/CareerStep website
- Click the ENROLL ONLINE button
- Continue to CHECKOUT
- Fill in required fields
- Complete payment information or make payment arrangements
Need help enrolling? Call (888) 657-5752
Be at least 18 years of age
Meet one of the following requirements:
High school diploma
General Education Development (GED) Certificate
Pass the Career Step Pre-Enrollment Assessment Test
The Contact Tracing and Infection Control program costs $999.
We understand that one of the biggest concerns tied to furthering your education is how to pay for it. To help, CSU Bakersfield and Career Step offer low tuition prices that provide big payoffs. We've also designed multiple tuition payment plans, allowing you to choose the funding option that best fits your needs.
We currently offer:
- A discount when you choose to pay your tuition in a single payment
- An interest-free, 3-month payment plan
- A low interest, 12-month payment plan
For more information on tuition and funding options, please contact us at (877) 225-7151.
Note: Program is not eligible for FAFSA-based financial aid.
The Contact Tracing and Infection Control program includes the following topics / modules:
- Infection Control and Barrier Protection Proficiency: Transmission Prevention & Control of Infection
- Preventing Needlestick & Sharp-Object Injuries
- Engineering & Work Practice Controls
- Protection from Blood-Borne Pathogens
- Barriers & Personal Protective Equipment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in a Healthcare Environment
- Cleaning, Disinfection, and Sterilization
- Prevention & Control of Infectious Disease
- Handwashing Infection Control in Healthcare
- Sepsis Awareness & Education
- Certificate of Sepsis Prevention Proficiency
- COVID-19 CMS Guidelines
- Simulation: Hand Hygiene With Sanitizer Code
- Simulation: Hand Hygiene With Soap & Water
- Simulation: Isolation PPE Protocol - Donning & Doffing
- Infection Control Basic Proficiency (CICBP) Final Exam
- Infection Control and Barrier Protection Proficiency Certificate and CEU Request
- Contact Tracer Proficiency: COVID-19 Basics
- Contact Tracing Overview
- Contact Tracing Role Requirements & Active Steps
- Current Testing Options for COVID-19
- Epidemiology & Terminology Relating to COVID-19
- Contact Tracing Communication Basics
- Confidentiality, Patient Privacy, Ethics, and Complexities
- Contact Tracing & Case Monitoring
- Comprehensive Final Exam
- HIPAA in the Workforce: Understanding the HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Understanding the HIPAA Security Rule
- Business Associates: BA Regulations
- HIPAA Documentation & Training
- Applied HIPAA Security for Healthcare Professionals
The Contact Tracing and Infection Control program program is completely online and provided by our partner, CareerStep. Once you are registered with CareerStep, your password and access information will be emailed to you. Through the CareerStep portal you will have access to:
- Homework assignments
- Quizzes / tests
- Technical support
- Discussion boards
- One-on-one help from instructors
- Additional resources