Become a Certified Administrative Professional (CAP)
As business culture evolves, so do the roles and responsibilities of administrative professionals. Many of administrative professionals today give themselves a competitive edge by earning the nationally recognized CAP certification. This 100% online course will help you gain the technical skills and knowledge needed to earn this valuable industry credential.
What you will learn:
- You will be prepared for the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) certification offered by the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP).
- Develop a high level of understanding of the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) body of knowledge
- Set yourself up for success in an administrative career by learning relevant real-world skills
- You will receive IAAP Membership and a study guide upon qualification for the CAP exam
To enroll in the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) program at CSU Bakersfield, in partnership with Ed2Go, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the CSUB/Ed2go website
- Click the ENROLL ONLINE button
- Continue to CHECKOUT
- Fill in required fields
- Complete payment information or make payment arrangements
Need help enrolling? Call (855) 520-6806
Be at least 18 years of age
Meet one of the following requirements:
High school diploma
General Education Development (GED) Certificate
The Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) Program costs $1,814.
We understand that one of the biggest concerns tied to furthering your education is how to pay for it. To help, CSU Bakersfield and Ed2Go offer low tuition prices that provide big payoffs. We've also designed multiple tuition payment plans, allowing you to choose the funding option that best fits your needs.
We currently offer:
- A discount when you choose to pay your tuition in a single payment
- An interest-free, 3-month payment plan
- A low interest, 12-month payment plan
For more information on tuition and funding options, please contact us at (855) 520-6806.
Note: Program is not eligible for FAFSA-based financial aid.
Organizational Communication (Part 1)
Communication essentials; interacting with stakeholders and teams
Organizational Communication (Part 2)
Organizational structure and systems; networking, interpersonal interactions, and public speaking
Business Writing and Document Production
Business writing; publishing web documents, hard-copy documents, and meeting minutes
Technology and Information Distribution
Researching, gathering, compiling, and analyzing data and information; networks for information distribution and maintaining, backing up, and storing data
Office and Records Management
The basics of creating functioning and productive workspaces; obtaining and managing resources for your office and working in a virtual office
Event and Project Management
Event and travel management: coordinating virtual meetings; project management, time management and negotiations
Human resources functions, duties, and processes; employee files, records, and training
Organizational finance: budgeting, financial statements, and financial transactions; banking process and the bank statement reconciliation process
Goal setting and creativity; problem solving, decision making and time management
Becoming an Administrative Assistant and Advancing Your Career
Job duties, responsibilities, and personal characteristics of administrative assistants
The Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) program is completely online and provided by our partner, Ed2go. Once you are registered with Ed2go, your password and access information will be emailed to you. Through the Ed2Go portal you will have access to:
- Homework assignments
- Quizzes / tests
- Technical support
- Discussion boards
- One-on-one help from instructors
- Additional resources
Frequently Asked Questions
No. However, as the modern office shifts to becoming more technology driven, having formal training is key to advancing your skill set and staying ahead of the curve. Employers want candidates that can hit the ground running in their organization without further training, which certification proves.
CAP is an assessment-based certification for office and administrative professionals. As an industry-recognized certification, it designates that you understand the duties, responsibilities and knowledge required of an administrative professional in the today’s workplace.
- No College Degree - 4 years of relevant work experience
- Associates Degree - 3 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree - 2 years of relevant work experience
Relevant work experience includes typical duties for office and administrative professionals including:
- Conducting business communication, including emails and memos
- Overseeing office functions and record keeping
- Managing projects, budgets and meeting schedules
- Coordinating between staff and clients