Start a Career in AI & Machine Learning
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) are among the most in-demand skills in the world. With the growth in automation and robotics across industries, there are massive job opportunities in AI programming, data science, engineering, and research. In fact, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that employment for AI and machine learning professionals is estimated to grow by 22% until 2030, almost three times the rate for all occupations.
The AI Machine Learning Bootcamp is a six-month comprehensive training course for professionals interested in pursuing a career in AI and ML. You will complete over 300 hours of self-paced training learning key concepts and models along with practical programming skills in Python and ML.
What You’ll Learn
- Prepare to pass the Microsoft Azure AI Engineer Certification Exam AI-102: Designing and Implementing an Azure AI Solution.Key concepts of popular communication protocols, the configuration of routers/switches, and TCP/IP implementation
- AI and ML definitions, history, current state, goals, types of models, and more
- Simple correlation, simple tests, selecting a training data set, cross-validation, and regression models
- Common ML models such as random forests and ensemble models
- Applied natural language processing (NLP)
- Development of neural networks and be able to apply them in a practical way
To apply to the AI Machine Learning Bootcamp at CSU Bakersfield, in partnership with Ed2Go, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the CSUB/Ed2go website
- Click the ENROLL ONLINE button
- Continue to CHECKOUT
- Fill in required fields
- Complete payment information or make payment arrangements
Need help enrolling? Call (855) 520-6806.
- Six months of interactive, self-paced training that requires 15 to 25 hours a week to complete the curriculum
- Get five 1-hour online coaching sessions with your instructor
- Put your learning into practice with a capstone project related to autonomous cars toward the end of the program
- Introduction to Python and Its Libraries
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- First Models and Tests
- Common Machine Learning Models
- Neural Networks 1
- Neural Networks 2
- Natural Language Processing
- AWS & SQL for Machine Learning
- Designing and Implementing an Azure AI Solution
- Final Capstone Project: Autonomous Cars
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Meet one of the following requirements:
- High school diploma.
- General Education Development (GED) Certificate.
- This course must be taken on a Windows machine (desktop/laptop).
- Macs are not compatible. Macs with the M1 chip are not supported.
Software Requirements (must be installed and fully operational before course begins):
- PC: Windows 8 or later. We recommend Windows 10 to avoid compatibility issues.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Access to a personal email account
The AI Machine Learning Bootcamp costs $4,450.
We understand that one of the biggest concerns tied to furthering your education is how to pay for it. To help, CSU Bakersfield and Ed2Go offer low tuition prices that provide big payoffs. We've also designed multiple tuition payment plans, allowing you to choose the funding option that best fits your needs.
We currently offer:
- A discount when you choose to pay your tuition in a single payment
- An interest-free, 3-month payment plan
- A low interest, 12-month payment plan
For more information on tuition and funding options, please contact us at (855) 520-6806.
Note: Program is not eligible for FAFSA-based financial aid.
The AI Machine Learning Bootcamp is completely online and provided by our partner, Ed2Go. Once you are registered with Ed2Go, your password and access information will be emailed to you. Through the Ed2Go portal you will have access to:
- Homework assignments
- Quizzes / tests
- Technical support
- Discussion boards
- One-on-one help from instructors
- Additional resources
Frequently Asked Questions
After you complete our bootcamp, you will be able to apply various AI and ML concepts in real-life projects in a variety of roles such as:
- Machine Learning Researcher
- Data Scientist - Entry level
- Research Analyst
- Quantitative Researcher
- AI Developer
- ML Developer
- Data Science Engineer - Machine Learning
- AI Engineer
This course will prepare you to pass the Microsoft Azure AI certification (MS AI-102), which allows you to work as an AI Engineer. In this role, you will build, manage, and deploy AI applications leveraging Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Cognitive Search, and Microsoft Bot Framework. The course will use C# or Python as the programming language.
This is an online course that combines live sessions and self-paced materials. An instructor will go over the topic in the scheduled session, and then you will be required to go over the material on your own time.
Yes, you will go through exercises based on real-life use cases. The results are discussed during the mentoring sessions. You are also required to work on and submit a capstone project related to autonomous cars. You need to pass this to complete the Bootcamp.
You have coaching sessions where you get advice from the instructor. You have access to five coaching sessions that they can schedule.